Data and the tools you use to collect it and utilize it become more valuable every day. But if you are like most businesses, your business insurance may not cover you as well as you think. If something goes wrong and your equipment is damaged and/or your data is lost, it is going to be expensive to remedy the situation. Electronic data processing insurance and related insurance options give you protection specific to businesses like yours - protection you can depend on when you really need it.
Data Processing & Service Insurance from AmVenture
Insurance coverage for data processing and service businesses is tailored to the unique risks these companies face. There is a lot riding on your equipment and your data, and you need insurance coverage that accounts for this fact.
Just having a commercial property insurance policy, for instance, may not be enough to pay for the financial costs that come from losing your equipment and/or data. A standard commercial property policy might not cover the loss if it occurs away from your place of business, or if it is the result of cold or heat. But an electronic data processing insurance policy most likely would cover your loss under those conditions.
Processing & Service Insurance Options
Our insurance options at AmVenture are capable of covering the risks for data processing and services businesses, both those specific to data processing and your general business.
Electronic Data Processing Policy
- Media - All the media on which your data is stored can be lost or damaged. If it is, your EDP media coverage is designed to help offset the cost.
- Data - Arguably the most valuable component, your data can be compromised, damaged, lost or destroyed. Your EDP data coverage will allow you to weather such a loss more successfully than you would otherwise.
- Equipment - The equipment you use, like your computers and servers, is protected through EDP equipment coverage. If it is damaged, the policy helps replace it as soon as possible.
Electronic data processing insurance, or EDP insurance, usually covers three major areas:
It is important to carefully consider your policy limits when purchasing an EDP policy, particularly for the data component. You want to determine what a loss would do to your business financially and get enough coverage to help you move on and get back to business.
A businessowners policy includes:
- General liability insurance - This insurance is designed to cover you in the event of damage done to third parties. It can help protect you if your company damages another company and if one of your products causes injury.
- Commercial property insurance - This coverage helps protect you from financial burdens in the event of physical damage to the rest of your property, like your building and your equipment.
Get a Quote for Your Insurance Policy
Our agents are ready to answer your questions and help you find coverage options that can help your business. Please contact us now to get started.